Table of Contents
First Things First
Upload the .php File to os Commerce
Add os Commerce to ShipWorks
Still Need Help
ShipWorks connects directly to your osCommerce account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from osCommerce. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to osCommerce.
This article will walk you through how to connect your osCommerce store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
- ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- Your osCommerce store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or osCommerce.
ShipWorks connects to osCommerce using a .php module which is placed into your osCommerce store's admin directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your osCommerce store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Upload the ShipWorks.php Module to osCommerce
1. Download the ShipWorks3_Module_osCommerce_v3_15_0_0.zip file located at the bottom of this article. Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
After unzipping the file you will have 1 files that needs to be uploaded to your osCommerce store's directory.
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped file to the directory of your osCommerce store.
- Copy shipworks3.php to your store's admin directory. The admin directory may have been renamed when the osCommerce store was created.
NOTE: Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
Adding osCommerce to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select osCommerce. Then, click Next.
5. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
Note: Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Select an Order Status from the drop-down menu. In most cases, the Comment: should be left as is.
10. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your osCommerce orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Using FileZilla to Upload Files (via FTP)
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.