Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Volusion account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Volusion. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Volusion.
First Things First
To add a Volusion-based store to ShipWorks, you must have a few things from Volusion. If you need help obtaining any of your information, you will be able to get the information you need from Volusion.
- a Volusion Pro or Premium account plan
- your Store URL, your login email and password
- access to your Volusion store's admin panel
- an encrypted password in order for ShipWorks to retrieve orders from your Volusion store.
Before you add a Volusion store in ShipWorks, you have to do two things: retrieve your encrypted password and enable the "Generic Orders" API from your Volusion admin panel.
Retrieve Your Encrypted Password from Volusion
Please note that, depending upon the version of Volusion you are running, the screenshots in this article may be different than what you see in your Volusion admin panel. However, the basic steps will remain the same.
1. Log into your Volusion store's admin panel.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the Inventory menu at the top of the page. Then, click on Import / Export.
3. Now, click on the Volusion API link.
4. On the Volusion API page, click on the Get Help link. In our version of Volusion it is located at the top, right of the page. Then, click on Get Help with this Page.
5. A new window will open. Under Documentation, find the link for Volusion API Integration Help. Click on this link.
6. The Volusion API Integration Help page will open. Click on the text 'URL with Query String and General Information for Importing and Exporting' to expand this help section.
7. You can locate your encrypted password on this screen. The encrypted password begins after EncryptedPassword= and ends at &API_Name. See screenshot below for an example. You may need to copy this encrypted password and paste it into ShipWorks in a few moments.
Enable "Generic Orders API" in Volusion
- Log on to the admin area of your Volusion store (see step 1 above).
- Select the Inventory tab > Import/Export link (Example 1.2).
- In the Other Import/Export Features section, click the Volusion API link.
- Enable the Generic Orders API.
Adding Volusion to ShipWorks
1. Open the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator rights. Click on the Manage tab, then the Stores button. Then, click Add Store.
2. From the What platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select Volusion. Then, click Next.
3. Verify that Configuration is set to Automatic. Then, enter the following information:
- Store URL: The website address of your Volusion store.
- Login Email: The email address that you use to log into your Volusion admin panel.
- Password: Your Volusion administrator password.
4. Click Next. ShipWorks will attempt to automatically connect to your Volusion store. If successful, continue to step 5 below. If you encounter an error, please try the following:
a. Click the Configuration drop-down menu and select Manual (instead of Automatic).
b. Copy and paste the Volusion Encrypted Password (retrieved by following the steps in the Retrieve Your Encrypted Password from Volusion section) into the indicated field.
c. Click Next.
5. Select the Volusion Time Zone of your store, and then select which order statuses will be retrieved by ShipWorks during downloads. Click Next.
6. Enter the requested information on the next few screens, clicking Next to proceed through the store wizard.
7. Review the text on the confirmation page, then click Finish.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.