We often get questions like, "What printer should I use?" or "Does ShipWorks suppport my printer?"
Standard Printers (laser/inkjet):
Yes! ShipWorks supports laser and inkjet printers.
If your computer can print a Windows print test page to a standard laser printer or inkjet printer, you should be able to use this printer with ShipWorks.
Pros of standard label printing:
- You can preview the labels
- You don't have to buy new equipment
- You don't have to buy special paper
- You can adjust the size of the label
Thermal Printers (EPL/ZPL):
Yes! ShipWorks supports thermal printers, too.
Just be sure that your thermal printer can print EPL or ZPL file types, and prints to a 4"x6" label at 203dpi.
Pros of thermal label printing:
- It's super fast
- You don't have to purchase ink or toner
- Labels never smear
- Thermal printers take up very little desk space
- You don't print have to print whole sheets of labels at a time
Many common Zebra thermal printers fit these requirements and other manufacturers may as well. (Note that older/used models will usually require a firmware update to be able to print the EPL/ZPL file types with a 4"x6" 203dpi format. Be sure to confirm this capability prior to purchasing any used units). Some common thermal printers (used in ShipWorks) and their recommended formats:
|Model:||Formats Supported:||Recommended Format:|
|Zebra ZP505||ZPL only||ZPL|
|Zebra ZM400||ZPL only||ZPL|