First Things First
Applying the Profile
Need More Help?
First Things First
In order to get started, you will need to have ShipWorks installed and at least one shipping provider connected to the ShipWorks application. You will also need to have at least one order downloaded into the ShipWorks application.
This article also assumes that you are running ShipWorks v5.2 or greater. To check the version of ShipWorks you are running, click on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. To upgrade to the latest version, click here.
For this article we are going to be using USPS as our shipping provider and will be creating our shipping profile specific to USPS shipments. However, the process remains the same for any shipping provider you may be using. The only differences would be the defaults that you can select related to the specific shipping provider you use.
Our objective will be to create a shipping profile that when selected will automatically apply the following:
Service: Priority Mail Express
Confirmation: Signature Required
Packaging: Flat Rate Medium Box
Memo 1: Configure with a custom message which will print on the shipping label
Ready? OK, let's create a profile.
1. Ensure that you have the Shipping Panel turned on in ShipWorks. Go to the View tab and click on the Show Panels button. Then, select Shipping from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you are on a version earlier than v5.2 you will not have this option. Move on to step 2.
2. Select an order in ShipWorks. To select an order, simply click on it.
3.With the order selected, select the Shipping tab.
Note: If you are on a version prior to v5.2 you will not have this option. Instead, click on the Home tab and then click Ship Orders.
4. In the Shipping ribbon, Profiles section, click on the Manage button.
Note: If you are on a version prior to v5.2, on the Ship Orders screen click on the Apply Profile button and select Manage.
5. On the Shipping Profiles screen, select USPS from the list of available shipping providers and then click on the New button.
6. Great! Now we are ready to begin selecting our defaults. First, name your shipping profile. I am naming mine USPS Expedited.
7. For any default you wish to set, you will need to check the box to the left of the option in order to set the default for that option. Check the box to the left of Service: in the Shipment section. Then, select Priority Mail Express from the drop-down menu.
8. Check the box for Confirmation and then select Signature Confirmation from the drop-down menu.
9. For Packaging select Flat Rate Medium Box.
10. Lastly, let's set a thank you message to out customer. Check the box for Memo 1: and then type in your thank you message. This message will print on the bottom of your USPS label.
11. Once you have finished selecting your defaults, click OK and then click Close.
Applying the Profile
1. Select an unshipped order in ShipWorks. Then, in the Shipping Panel verify that USPS is selected as the Provider:.
Note: If you are on a version prior to v5.2 click on the Home tab and then click Ship Orders. Select USPS from the Provider: drop-down menu.
2. To apply the profile to the order click on the Apply button in the Shipping banner. Then, select your profile from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you are on a version prior to v5.2, click on the Apply Profile button and select your profile.
Note: When clicking the Apply button, profiles are only available for the currently selected shipping provider.
3. You will now see that all of the defaults have been applied to the selected shipment.
Great, but how do I apply a profile to more than one shipment?
Excellent question! Let's take a look at how to batch process orders using a profile.
1. Select more than one unshipped order in ShipWorks.
2. In the Shipping Panel, click on the Ship Orders button or go to Home > Ship Orders.
3. On the Ship Orders screen, select all of the shipments in the Shipments pane. Then, select USPS from the Provider: drop-down menu.
4. To apply the profile, click on the Apply Profile button and select the profile from the drop-down menu.
All of the defaults are applied to each of the selected shipments.
Congratulations! You now know how to use shipping profiles. You may also wish to learn how to automatically apply shipping profiles based upon shipping rules. Click here to learn more.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to assist you.