Adding a link to a template allows you to direct people to a website. This will require some html edits to your template.
1. In ShipWorks, go to Manage > Templates.
2. Copy the template you wish to edit by selecting the the template and clicking "Copy" and "OK". (This just saves a backup in case anything goes wrong.) We're going to be copying our "Shipment Notification" template.
3. After you've made a copy of your template, select your (original) template and click "Edit".
4. Find the area of the template you want to add your link to. In our example, we'll be adding a link at the end of the template. Please note: All text must appear after the <body> tag and before the </body> tag.
5. Copy and paste the following text into the screen:
Thanks for shopping with us! Be sure to <a href="http://www.example.com">visit our website </a> in the future.
6. Modify the link to contain your website link.
Please note: The template editor is an XSLT editor and processes certain characters like &, =, ! differently than an HTML editor. If you have one of these characters in your website address, it will likely prompt an error saying that an unexpected value has occurred. If you run into this error, go to http://tinyurl.com/ and generate a URL without these characters and try again.
7. Modify the text surrounding it, but keep all of the code surrounding it (like the </a> tag):
8. Click the "Preview" tab to see your changes. When satisfied with your changes, click "Save" and "Close".
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.