Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your X-Cart account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from X-Cart. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to X-Cart.
This article will walk you through how to connect your X-Cart store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
- ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- Your X-Cart store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or X-Cart.
ShipWorks connects to X-Cart using a .php module which is placed into your X-Cart store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your X-Cart store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review this article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
Upload the ShipWorks.php Module to X-Cart
1. Download the correct shipworks3.php module for your X-Cart version (v4 or v5) located at the bottom of this article. Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks3.php file to the root directory of your X-Cart store. Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
Adding X-Cart to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select X-Cart. Then, click Next.
5. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
NOTE: Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how many days of order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Under When a shipment is processed: we recommend leaving the default for Upload the shipment tracking number.
10. Click Next, then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your order will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.