Table of Contents
BackgroundFirst Things FirstThe Process Upload the ShipWorks php File Adding PrestaShop to ShipWorksStill Need Help
ShipWorks connects directly to your PrestaShop account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from PrestaShop. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to PrestaShop.
This article will walk you through how to connect your PrestShop store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
- ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- Your PrestaShop store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or PrestShop.
ShipWorks connects to PrestaShop using a .php module which is placed into your PrestaShop store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your PerstaShop store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Upload the ShipWorks.php Module to PrestaShop
1. Download the attached shipworks3.php module (found at the bottom of this article). Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks3.php file to the root directory of your PrestaShop. Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
Adding PrestaShop to ShipWorks
You are now ready to connect your PrestaShop store to ShipWorks. Here's how:
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as an a user with administrator rights.
2. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab. Then, click on the Stores button.
3. On the Manage Stores screen, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What platform do you sell on? menu, select PrestaShop from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
5. On the Store Setup screen, enter your PrestaShop username and password. Then, enter the Module URL. The module URL is the path to the shipworks3.php module that you uploaded in the previous steps.
Hint: Your module URL is typically your store's address with /shipworks3.php added to the end. So, if your store's address is www.widgetmethis.com, your Module URL would look like http://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
6. Click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
7. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
9. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. Select the online status from the available drop-down menu that you would like ShipWorks to update the order to after a shipment is processed. Then, click Next.
11. Click Finish.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.