Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your LoadedCommerce account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from LoadedCommerce. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to LoadedCommerce.
This article will guide you through how to connect your LoadedCommerce store to ShipWorks
First Things First
Before getting started:
- You will want to have ShipWorks installed and be able to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- ShipWorks uses a custom php module to connect to and to download orders from your LoadedCommerce store. In the steps below you will be transferring the php file to your LoadedCommerce store using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). To do this, you will need your FTP host address, username and password. If you are unsure, please reach out to your local IT person.
Download the ShipWorks php File to Your Computer
1. We have attached the php file to the end of this article for you. Click on the file to download it. It is a .zip file so it will need to be extracted. Typically you can right click on the .zip file and select Extract All to extract the file. Once extracted you will see a file called shipworks3.php in the folder you extracted it to. This is the file you will need to upload to your LoadedCommerce's root directory.
Upload the ShipWorks3.php file
2. Use your favorite FTP client to copy the file to your store's root directory. If you need help uploading the file to your store online, please visit our help page on using FTP to upload files to your store or contact your store's web host for assistance.
Note: Confirm the URL address of the php file before you continue - you'll need to enter it into ShipWorks when you add your store. The URL address should be http://www.yourstorename.com/shipworks3.php.
Adding LoadedCommerce to ShipWorks
3. In ShipWorks go to Manage > Stores, then click the Add Store button.
4. Select LoadedCommerce from the dropdown and click Next.
5. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
NOTE: Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how many days of order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Under When a shipment is processed: we recommend leaving the default for Upload the shipment tracking number.
10. Click Next, then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your order will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.