Default Validation Behavior
By default, ShipWorks checks all ship-to addresses against USPS address records and displays the notifies you of the validation status in the Ship Orders window when it is open for an order. The validation statuses are: Bad Address; Has Suggestions; Good Address; Not Checked.
- You have three validation behavior options, which you can set for each store separately:
- Allow the default behavior (ShipWorks displays notification of validation results: "bad address," "has suggestions," "good address," or "not checked").
- Have ShipWorks automatically correct addresses without notifying you.
- Disable address validation completely.
You can show the validation status on the Orders grid, too, instead of just in the Ship Orders window.
1. Go to Manage > Stores.
- Automatically fix addresses: ShipWorks automatically checks addresses upon download. ShipWorks will then always automatically update the address if there is one and only one correct address identified in the Address Validation results.
- Notify me of suggestions: ShipWorks automatically checks addresses upon download. ShipWorks will then display a message indicating that there are suggested corrections to the address, or that the address is bad. You can then choose which suggested correction to use.
validation only: ShipWorks will not automatically check to see if addresses are valid. You have the option to validate the address when you open the Ship Orders screen.
Disabled: Address validation options will not display at all.
5. Select the preference you want, and then click OK, then Close and you’re done!
Optional: Enable View Google Maps or Street Level View in the ShipWorks Window
If you'd like to view the Google Maps or Street Level View of the address for the order selected, you can. It is one of the available panels you can choose to display in the ShipWorks window. For step by step instructions, please see "Customizing ShipWorks Panels.."
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to assist you.