Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Newegg Marketplace US, Newegg Markeplace Canada or Newegg Business account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Newegg Marketplace. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Newegg Marketplace.
This article will guide you through how to connect your Newegg store to the ShipWorks software so that you can use all of the awesome features of the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
ShipWorks uses your Seller ID and Secret Key to connect to the Newegg marketplace. This information is provided to you by Newegg.
Obtain your Newegg API Key
1. Once your Newegg seller account is created, you will need to obtain a ShipWorks API Key for your Seller Account. To obtain your API Key, email email@example.com. You will receive a response from firstname.lastname@example.org that contains your Newegg Seller ID and Newegg API Key (Secret Key).
Below is an example email:
I would like to request a ShipWorks API Key to allow ShipWorks to integrate with my Newegg Seller Account.
My Store Name Is: <your store name>
My Newegg Seller Portal Default Email Address is: <the email address used to setup your Newegg Seller Portal Account >
Thank you for your assistance.
2. You will also need to be able to log into your ShipWorks software with administrator privileges.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as an a user with administrator rights.
2. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab. Then, click on the Stores button.
3. On the Manage Stores screen, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What platform do you sell on? menu, select Newegg from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
5. On the Store Setup screen, click on the Marketplace: drop-down menu and select the Newegg marketplace to which you are connecting.
6. Next, enter your Seller ID and Secret Key into the provided fields and click Next.
7. On the Download Criteria screen, select whether or not you wish to download orders that are fulfilled by Newegg into ShipWorks. The default is to download these orders. If you wish for orders fulfilled by Newegg to not be downloaded, check the box for Do not download orders that are fulfilled by Newegg. Click Next.
8. On the Store Information screen, enter your store name and address information. Then, click Next.
9. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
10. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
11. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your Newegg orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.