What are Filters?
Filters provide ways to organize orders and streamline ShipWorks to help direct your workflow. Filters are used by ShipWorks to find and display orders that meet criteria that you decide upon. You can have any number of filters available for use at any given time. Filters do not actually contain any orders. They are just specific displays or views of the orders in your database. Each filter is configured with rules that determine what is visible through it. Anytime an order meets the rules of a filter, you can see the order in that filter. This means that one order could meet the criteria for more than one filter. Imagine that you had two filters: one dedicated to all orders with an item called “red shirt," and another separate filter for orders shipped to zip code “63102”. If someone ordered a red shirt shipped to 63102, the order would appear in both filters.
Filters can be used to:
· generate product or sales reports
· generate monthly tax reports
· create mailing lists for targeted marketing campaigns
· track each order through your business process
· facilitate workflow procedures
· analyze performance
· create shipping rules that automatically set a shipping vendor for particular types of orders (e.g. within a certain weight range)
· much, much more
Filters are also the backbone of automated shipping rules and printing, so you'll also read about filters when you learn how to create shipping rules for printing.
What Filters are Available?
- Orders by destination
- All U.S.
- US Residential
- US Commercial
- US PO Box
- US Military
- US Territories
- Orders by age
- last 7 days
- last 30 days
- last 90 days
- Orders by store-specific statuses
- will vary depending on the store platform and statuses configured on the store
- Customers who've spent over $100
- Customers who have placed more than one order
How do I Create Custom Filters?
Check out the Filters User Guide attached for some filter examples and step by step instructions. Once you learn how to create one basic filter, it is relatively easy to create new ones.
For Further Assistance
If you still need help, please ask us a question and one of our super awesome customer support people in St. Louis will get back to you.