Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your OpenSky account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from OpenSky. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to OpenSky.
This article will guide you through how to connect your OpenSky store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you add an OpenSky store to ShipWorks
1. Contact OpenSky directly and request a ShipWorks account activation. You will receive an email within 2 business days with your ShipWorks integration information: a username, password, and a URL.
2. When you receive this email, make sure that you have shipped ALL of your Pending orders. When you have 0 pending and review orders, you can log into ShipWorks and add your store!
1. Orders enter the In Processing state in your Orders tab when they download to ShipWorks. Even though they are In Processing, they will still read as Pending in your OpenSky Merchant Toolkit.
2. If you need to cancel an order, Contact OpenSky directly.
3. When you ship the order via ShipWorks, the shipment information is automatically updated on OpenSky too. Shoppers won't receive an email from OpenSky until this happens.
4. Check the weight of all orders after they enter ShipWorks. ShipWorks uses only ounces. This means that if you have the weight of an item listed as 2 pounds, it will be imported as having a weight of 2 ounces, and the corresponding cost of shipment will be incorrect. You need to change the weight manually to generate the correct shipping cost.
5. After adding your OpenSky store to ShipWorks, do not process orders in the Merchant Toolkit. You don't need to send shipping confirmations to your customers. OpenSky automatically sends an email when you ship orders from ShipWorks. If you have any problems or the orders seem to be out of sync, please Contact OpenSky directly.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.