Table of Contents
First Things First
Still Need Help
Shipping with UPS has never been easier. Do all your UPS shipping right from within ShipWorks. Just enter your existing account and ShipWorks will provide you with the ability to select service options and print shipping labels without having to export data or cut-and-paste information into other applications.
This article will guide you through how to add your existing UPS account to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
This article assumes that:
1. You have installed the ShipWorks application. You can download ShipWorks from here.
2. You have an active UPS account. Don't worry, if you do not have a UPS account you can sign up for one right from ShipWorks.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then click on the Shipping Settings button.
2. On the Shipping Settings screen, select UPS from the list of shipping providers on the left.
3. With UPS selected, click on the Setup button.
4. On the Account Registration page, select the option for Use an existing UPS account, enter your UPS account number into the UPS Account Number field, and then click Next.
Note: If you do not have an existing UPS account, select Create a new account for use with ShipWorks then click Next. Follow the steps in the wizard to create your account with UPS and then continue with step 8 below.
5. Review the UPS Agreement. Select the option for Yes, I accept the agreement. Then, click Next.
Note: If you wish, you can print the Agreement by clicking on the Print Agreement button.
6. Enter your UPS account information. All fields are required. Then, click Next.
Note: If you have a store connected to ShipWorks you can import the information from the store into this screen by clicking on Copy address from store.
7. The Configure how ShipWorks displays shipping rates screen allows you to select how your UPS rates are displayed in ShipWorks. This screen does not affect what rates you are charged by UPS, only how your rates are displayed for you inside of ShipWorks. If you have negotiated rates with ShipWorks, please select the Negotiated (account based rates) option and then follow the steps in this article. Otherwise, in most cases, you can leave the default rate type of Daily Pickup.
Then, click Next.
8. The Labels screen allows you to specify the label format you need for the type of printer you will be using.
- Standard Inkjet or Laser printer - Select Standard
- Most newer thermal printers (Zebra 450, 500, etc) - Select Zebra (ZPL)
- Older thermal printers (Zebra 2844, etc) - Select Zebra (EPL)
Once you have selected your label format, click Next.
Note: Registering for the ShipWorks Exclusive UPS Savings Program requires ShipWorks version 5.9 or greater. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on Help > About ShipWorks. Please also reference the Upgrading ShipWorks article for additional assistance with upgrading.
10. The Origin Address screen allows you to enter multiple origin or from addresses that you can use when shipping. To add a new address, click the New button. Otherwise, click Next.
11. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set the base defaults that are selected when shipping with UPS and to add additional shipping rules used to select additional defaults. Shipping rules are outside of the scope of this article. However, let's talk about setting your base defaults for UPS.
If you wish to set base defaults for UPS, continue with step 11a. Otherwise, just to step 12.
11a. Click the blue link for Defaults - UPS.
11b. On the Shipping Profile screen, select your most commonly used UPS settings in each section. If a particular option does not apply to you, you can feel free to skip it. Nothing is required. This screen simply allows you to set the most commonly used UPS options. Note: There are two tabs at the top of the Profile screen. The Packages tab allows you to specif specific package defaults such as weight and dimensions.
When you are finished with your defaults, click OK and then Next.
12. We are going to leave all default settings on the Printing Setup screen. Click Next.
Note: If you have not yet selected the printers that you use with ShipWorks you will be prompted to do so.
- Labels\Thermal - Select the thermal printer with which you will print your UPS labels. If you do not use a thermal printer, just click Use Default.
- Labels\Standard - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
- Labels\Commercial Invoice - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
13. On the Processing Setup screen, you have the option of configuring an email address in ShipWorks so that you can send emails to your customers. You can also set the default Local Status for orders after you process a shipment. For now, we are going to leave the default settings and just click Next.
Email - This is optional. However, if you wish to configure an email account with ShipWorks, you can follow the steps in this article.
Local Status - We recommend the default settings.
14. That's it! You are set up and ready to start printing labels with UPS. Click Finish. Then, Close.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.