Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Magento store. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Magento. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Magento.
This article guides you through how to easily connect your Magento 2 store to ShipWorks using the Magento API.
First Things First
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have the ShipWorks application downloaded and installed and that you can log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- You have your Magento admin username and password.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator rights.
2. Click on the Manage tab, then on the Stores button.
3. Click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What store do you sell on? menu, select Magento. Then, click Next.
5. Select Magento 2 as the Version.
6. Enter the Account Credentials for your Magento store. Then, click Next.
- Username: - Your Magento store's administrator username
- Password: - Your Magento store's administrator password
- Store URL: - Your Magento website address.
7. On the Store Information screen, enter the store Name and Address. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
9. By default, ShipWorks downloads the previous 30 days of orders during the first download from your Magento store. You may edit this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. We recommend leaving the setting checked for Mark the order as Complete in Magento and upload the shipment details. Additionally, if you would like for Magento to send an email to your customer that the order is complete, check the box for Magento should email the customer that the order was completed.
11. Click Next. Then, click Finish.
Your Magento orders will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.