ShipWorks version 5.11 or later now allows you to quickly import the weight from your connected scale with a keyboard shortcut. This article will guide you through how.
First Things First
Please be sure that you have a scale connected to your ShipWorks computer and that the proper drivers are installed.
1. In the Shipment Details section of either the Ship Orders screen or the Shipping Panel, place the package you intend to weigh on your scale. If you are using a USB scale, the weight of the scale will be displayed to the right of the weight field.
Note: Serial scales may not display the weight in ShipWorks.
2. Once the weight is reading correctly, press CTRL + W on your keyboard to import the weight from the scale into the Weight field. The weight field will flash between grey and white to indicate that the weight was successfully imported.
Things to Consider
- The CTRL + W shortcut will work in the Shipment Details section of the Ship Orders and the Shipping Panel screens.
- When shipping a multi-package shipment, CTRL + W will import the weight of the scale into the currently selected package's weight field.
- The CTRL + W shortcut will not work on the Customs tab when shipping an international shipment.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.