When adding a Gmail email account to the ShipWorks software you may encounter a security error when attempting to send an email from the ShipWorks software. If you receive an error similar to the one shown in the below screenshot, this article will assist you with updating your Gmail settings to allow ShipWorks to connect and send emails using your Gmail account.
First Things First
This article assumes that:
- You have ShipWorks installed.
- You have added a Gmail email account to the ShipWorks software.
- You are encountering an error similar to the one shown above when attempting to send an email from ShipWorks.
For information on how to add an email account to ShipWorks, please see this article.
In most cases, this error is caused when the Gmail security settings are configured to block third party apps from accessing your Gmail account. To disable this security:
1. Log into your online Gmail email account.
2. Click on the Settings icon located at the top-right corner of your Gmail Inbox.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on Accounts and Import located at the top of the Settings screen.
5. Click the option for Other Google Account Settings from the Change account settings: section. A new My Account browser tab or window will open. Switch to this tab or window.
6. Locate the Sign-in & Security section of the My Accounts page and click on Connected apps & sites.
7. Click the toggle switch on the right of Allow less secure apps: OFF to switch it on. The screen will notify you that it is now on.
8. You can now log out of your online Gmail email account.
9. Send another test email from ShipWorks to ensure that the above steps corrected the security error.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.