International orders are processed much like domestic orders. When you enter an international shipping address, a customs tab will appear in ShipWorks so that you can enter or verify the information necessary for customs forms. ShipWorks will then print the customs forms, when required, along with the shipping label.
This article will guide you through processing an International order using the Shipping Panel (v5.8 or later).
First Things First
This article assumes that you have ShipWorks installed, have at least one international order, and that you are logged into ShipWorks as a user with shipping privileges.
1. Verify that the Shipping Panel is visible in ShipWorks. If it is not visible, click on the View tab, then on the Show Panels button and select Shipping from the drop-down.
2. Select the order you would like to process by clicking on it in the main orders grid.
3. When you select the order a shipment will automatically be created for you and will be displayed in the Shipping panel. Notice that the Shipping panel includes a Customs section for entering the required customs information. In addition, the Service menu in the Shipment Details section only includes options for international services.
3. Verify that the customs information in the Customs section is entered correctly.
Things to Consider
1. It is important that the sum of the unit weights of each item in the Customs section add up to the total weight shown in the Shipment Details section for the package. If you have multiple quantities of one item, be sure to enter the weight of ONE unit in the Customs section. ShipWorks will do the math for you and sum the total weight. In fact, if you enter the weights in the Customs section first, ShipWorks will automatically populate the correct total weight in the Shipment Details section for you.
2. When entering the Value of an item in the Customs section, enter the value of a single item even if the quantity is greater than 1. Again, ShipWorks will do the math for you and sum the total value in the Value field.
4. Expand the To: section and verify that the address is complete. International addresses cannot be validated. It doesn't matter if the Require full address validation is checked or not because this validation cannot be performed.
5. Expand the Shipment Details section and verify that the shipment is configured correctly.
6. Click Create Label. The label, along with any required customs forms, will print.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to assist you.