Table of Contents
ShipWorks version 5.14 or later allows you to optionally import your UPS account's rates from an Excel file and store those rates locally in the ShipWorks database. With this feature enabled, ShipWorks displays the imported rates on screen when you configure UPS shipments. This can help to improve performance when processing UPS shipments and also gives you the ability to compare rates across your shipping providers (including UPS) when using ShipWorks’ Best Rate feature. Your actual cost for processing a UPS shipment is not affected by using this feature.
This article will guide you through how to enable the UPS Local Rates feature in ShipWorks and how to view your UPS rates using the Rates panel.
First Things First
- If you have not already done so, please follow the steps in the below articles. These articles will guide you through configuring your UPS account rates and zones into a file format that can be imported into the ShipWorks software and how to import your UPS account specific rates and zones into ShipWorks.
- Please be sure that you have ShipWorks version 5.14 or later installed. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
- You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
- Please note that if you have more than one UPS account added to ShipWorks and wish to use local rates with each UPS account, you will need to follow the steps in this article for each UPS account separately.
Enabling UPS Local Rates
1. In the ShipWorks software, click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select UPS from the list of providers.
3. Select the UPS account for which you would like to enable UPS Local Rates from the UPS Accounts list. Then, click the Edit button.
4. Select the Local Rating tab located at the top of the UPS Account window.
5. Check the Enable local rating box. Click OK then click Close.
If you have more than one UPS account connected to ShipWorks, repeat steps 1 through 5 above for each UPS account individually.
Viewing Your Local Rates
Once you have enabled UPS local rating, your UPS rates will be displayed in the same manner as they always have. The difference being that ShipWorks will now calculate the rates based upon the data from your UPS account specific rates and zone files that you imported into ShipWorks in the previous article. You may also see an improvement in the speed at which the rates are displayed for you.
Things to Know
When you process a UPS shipping label with UPS Local Rates enabled, ShipWorks will compare the rate currently displayed in the Rates panel with the shipment Cost returned from UPS. If the local rate and the cost do not match, an error will be displayed.
Remind Me: Clicking the Remind Me button tells ShipWorks to stop displaying any rate discrepancy errors until the next time the ShipWorks application is launched and processes the current UPS label.
OK: Clicking the OK button will close the error window and process the current UPS shipping label. Any additional rate discrepancy errors will still be displayed in ShipWorks.
Please reference the UPS Local Rates - Troubleshooting Guide for steps you can take to troubleshoot why your local rates may not match the cost returned from UPS.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.