Table of Contents
From time to time it may become necessary to update your UPS local rates or zone in ShipWorks. As an example, it is common for UPS to update the the fuel surcharges on a regular basis. When the fuel surcharges change, you will need to update your ShipWorks import file with the new fuel surcharges and reimport the rates into ShipWorks.
This article will guide you through how to update your ShipWorks import file(s) and how to upload them into the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
In the article, UPS Local Rates - Creating the ShipWorks Import Files, it was recommended that you save your ShipWorks sample rate and zone import files as a template so that you could easily update them and reimport them. You will need to access these saved file(s).
If you did not save the sample files as templates with your UPS account specific rates and zones, you will need to follow the steps in the articles on this page before you can import new rates into ShipWorks.
For this article, you will need:
- Your saved ShipWorks sample rates (ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx) and/or zone (ShipWorks_ZonesFile.xlsx) templates which contain your UPS account specific rates or zones.
- To be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
- This article also assumes that you have preciously enabled UPS Local Rating and that you have previously uploaded your UPS account specific rates and zones into the ShipWorks software.
For this article we will use the example that UPS has updated the Fuel Surcharges and that we need to update the Fuel Surcharges in our ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx file and then to upload the updated rates into the ShipWorks software. It is not very often that UPS zones are updated. However, the steps involved in updating the zone file and importing the zones into ShipWorks would be the same should you need to.
A few things to consider:
- UPS frequently updates the Fuel Surcharges. We recommend that you monitor the UPS Fuel Surcharges webpage regularly.
- When uploading the updated ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx file, all of your UPS account specific rates are uploaded and will overwrite the rates currently stored in ShipWorks. Be sure to update only the rates that need to be updated and that all other rates in your ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx file remain untouched.
Update the ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx File
1. Locate your ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx template (you would have saved this when initially creating your ShipWorks sample import file in this article) . Open the file.
2. Select the Surcharges tab. Then locate the Fuel - Air and Fuel - Ground rows.
3. Updated the Rate column with the current rate from the Billing section UPS Fuel Surcharges webpage.
4. Save the updated ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx file.
Uploading the ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx File
1. In the ShipWorks software, click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select UPS from the list of providers.
3. Select the UPS account for which you would like to import the UPS rates from the UPS Accounts list. Then click the Edit button.
4. Select the Local Rating tab located at the top of the UPS Account window.
5. Click the Upload Rate File... button. Read and then click OK to acknowledge the ShipWorks local rates message.
6. Navigate to the ShipWorks_LocalRatesFile.xlsx that you just updated. Select your rate file and then click on the Open button.
7. ShipWorks will import the rates from the file you selected in step 6. You will receive a notification when the file is imported successfully and the Last Upload: date will be displayed.
If you encounter an error during the upload process, please refer to the article UPS Local Rates - Troubleshooting Guide.
That's it. Your rates have been updated.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.