ShipWorks connects directly to your ChannelAdvisor account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from ChannelAdvisor. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to ChannelAdvisor.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting ShipWorks to your ChannelAdvisor account using the OAuth connection in ShipWorks version 5.16 or later. If you are running a version of ShipWorks prior to version 5.16, please upgrade ShipWorks to the latest version or see this article to connect your ChannelAdvisor account.
First Things First
Before connecting your ChannelAdvisor account to ShipWorks, please be sure that:
- You are running ShipWorks version 5.16 or later. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you wish to upgrade, please see this article for detailed instructions.
- You are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
- You have your ChannelAdvisor login username and password available.
1. In the ShipWorks software, click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
2. Click on the Add Store button.
3. From the What platform do you sell on? menu, select ChannelAdvisor. Then, click Next.
4. Click on the Get Access Code button. This will open a ChannelAdvisor login page.
5. On the ChannelAdvisor login screen, enter your ChannelAdvisor username and password. Then, click Log In.
6. On the Select a Client page, verify that the correct ChannelAdvisor client is selected. Then, click the Select Client button.
7. Select the account you wish to connect to ShipWorks from the Select Accounts drop-down menu on the Grant Access screen. Then, click the Grant Access button.
8. Click on the Copy access code to Clipboard button. Then, paste the code into the Access Code: field on the Store Setup screen in ShipWorks. Click Next.
9. Enter your store information, then click Next.
10. Enter your contact information and then click Next. This information is optional.
9. It is recommended that you leave the default options to download orders from up to 30 days ago and to update online orders with shipment details when you process orders. However, if you like, you can use the Edit link to change the number of days specified for orders to download. When you're happy with the settings here, click Next.
10. Click Finish. Your ChannelAdvisor orders will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.