ShipWorks version 5.18 or later allows you to combine two or more orders into a single combined order, making it easy to ship multiple orders to the same address. This article will guide you through the process of configuring ShipWorks to automatically print an invoice or packing slip automatically for a newly combined order.
Having a new packing slip or invoice print automatically for any newly combined orders is helpful when:
- You need a combined packing slip or invoice for the combined orders to pull product to ship for the order.
- You need a new Single Scan Invoice or Packing Slip for the newly combined order.
First Things First
Before you can start combining orders in ShipWorks, there are a few things that you need to have in place:
- You will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.18 or later. You can easily see what version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you need assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
- You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
- You will need to have added a Combined Orders filter to ShipWorks. This filter will house any newly combined orders that have not yet been shipped.
Let's set up and action so that when a newly combined order enters the Combined Orders filter a Single Scan Packing slip is automatically printed. The process will look like this:
- You combine 2 or more orders into a single, combined order.
- The newly combined orders shows up in the Combined Orders filter.
- An action sees the new combined order in the Combined Orders filter and automatically prints the Single Scan Packing Slip.
1. The first step is to create the Combined Orders filter. If you have not yet done so, please follow the steps in the Filtering Combined Orders article. Then, continue to step 2 below.
2. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Actions button.
3. Click on the New Action button.
4. Name the action. For this example, we will name our action Print Combined Packing Slip.
5. Click the When the following occurs: drop-down menu and select When a filter's content changes from the list of options.
6. Click on the When an Order Enters drop-down menu and select the Combined Orders filter.
7. Click on the Add Task button and select Print from the list of available options.
8. Click on the With Template: drop-down menu and select the Packing Slips > Single Scan template. (or whatever packing slip or invoice template you wish to have printed)
9. Click the OK button.
If you have not yet selected a printer for the packing slip or invoice template you selected, you will be prompted to do so.
10. Click Close.
That's it. When you combine orders in ShipWorks, the newly combined order will be displayed in the Combined Orders filter and the packing slip or invoice will print automatically for you.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.