Did you know that you can save the layout of your ShipWorks application, including any customization you may have done to your ribbons, panels, and context menus? You can then restore your customized layout any time you need to restore your customized ShipWorks environment.
This can be helpful when:
- You need to reinstall the ShipWorks software for any reason.
- You add an additional ShipWorks workstation and wish for the new workstation to have the same environment settings.
- You wish for all ShipWorks workstations to have the same ShipWorks layout.
Saving the ShipWorks Environment Settings
1. In ShipWorks, click on the View tab and then on the Environment > Save button.
2. Select whether you wish to save the Ribbons and Panels, Grid Context Menus, or both from the Save Environment Settings dialog. Then, click Save.
Ribbons and Panels - Saves the current configuration of the ShipWorks ribbon and the current layout of the ShipWorks Panels.
Grid Context Menus - Saves the current configuration of the right-click context menu of the main Orders and Customer Grids.
3. Select the location to which you would like to save the ShipWorks Environment file, name the file, then click the Save button. The file will be saved to the location you specified and will have a .swe file extension.
Loading a ShipWorks Environment Settings File
1. Click on the View tab and then on the Environment > Load button.
2. Click the Browse button. Then, navigate to and select the ShipWorks Environment file you would like to load into ShipWorks. Click Open.
3. Select whether you wish to restore the Ribbons and Panels, Grid Context Menus, or both from the Which settings do you want to load? options. Then, click the Load button.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.