Table of Contents
ShipWorks version 5.17 gives you the ability to itemize the items being included in a return shipment making it easier to process a return label and to track which items were returned.
First Things First
Before you can begin itemizing items for your returns there are a few things you will need to have in place:
- You will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.17 or later. You can easily see what version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you need assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
- You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with rights to create, edit and process shipments.
1. Locate the order in ShipWorks for which you would like to process the return label. Then, select the order by checking the the box to the left of the order.
2. Click on the Home tab and then on the Ship Orders button to load the order onto the Ship Orders screen.
3. Click on the Copy button located at the top-left of the Ship Orders screen and select Copy as Return from the drop-down menu. A new return shipment will be created and automatically selected for you.
4. With the return shipment selected, click on the Returns tab located at the top of the Ship Orders screen.
The Returns Tab
The Returns tab allows you to:
- Add items to or remove items from the return shipment.
- To modify the item details for items included in the return shipment including:
- The Name of the Item
- The Item SKU
- The Item Code
- The Quantity of the item being returned
- The weight of the item
- Adding notes to an item
When you select an item on the Returns tab, the selected item's properties are displayed for you in the Selected Content section.
Removing Items From a Return
1. Select the product(s) you wish to remove from the return and click the Delete button. The items are located in the Description box in the Contents section. You can select multiple items by either holding the SHIFT or CTRL keys on your keyboard while clicking on the items.
Note: When deleting items from a return, the weight of the deleted items is subtracted from the total shipment weight on the Service tab.
Adding Items to a Return
1. Click the Add button to the right of the Description box on the Returns tab.
2. Select the newly added item. Then, enter the details for the item in the Selected Content section of the Returns screen.
Note: When adding items to a return, the weight of the newly added item will be added to the total weight of the shipment on the Service tab.
Processing the Return Label
Once you have modified the items included in the return shipment on the Returns tab, return to the Service tab and process your return label.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.