ShipWorks version 5.22 or later allows you to view security information and fraud risk indicator information for your Shopify orders. You can also create filters to help you quickly and easily identify at-risk Shopify orders.
First Things First
In order to view or to create filters for the Shopify security or fraud information, you must be running ShipWork version 5.22 or later. You can easily see what version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you need assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
It is also important to note that the Basic Shopify plan does not support sending security and fraud alert information to ShipWorks. You must be on the Shopify or Advanced Shopify plans.
Viewing Shopify Security and Fraud Alert Information
The Shopify security and fraud alert information is displayed in the Payment Details panel in ShipWorks. If the Payment Details panel is not visible:
1. Click on the View tab and then on the Show Panels button.
2. Select Payment Details from the list of available options.
Now, when you select a Shopify order, the security and fraud alert information will be displayed for you in the Payment Details panel.
You will notice that one of the available values is Shopify Recommendation. This is the recommendation given by Shopify based upon the payment security information.
In the below screenshot, the recommendation is to cancel the order. The available indicators are Cancel, Investigate, and Accept.
Creating a Filter for "Cancel' or 'Investigate' Shopify Recommendation Status
It is possible to create filters in ShipWorks so that you can quickly identify orders that have a Cancel or Investigate Shopify Recommendation. Here's how:
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Filters button.
2. Click on the New Filter button.
3. Give the filter a name (for this example we will name the filter Cancel) and select where you would like the filter to appear in the Filters panel. Then, click Next.
4. Click on the Add Condition button ( ). A new line will be displayed: Order Total Equals $0.00.
5. Click on the blue text Order Total and select For any > Payment.
6. Click on the second Add Condition () button. A new line will appear:
Label Equals __________
7. Type Cancel into the blank field. Then, click the Next button.
8. Click Finish. Then, Close.
If you wish to create a separate filter for orders with an Investigate Shopify recommendation, follow the above steps and enter Investigate in step 7.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.