Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your CommerceV3 store. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from CommerceV3. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to CommerceV3.
This article will guide you through how to connect your CommerceV3 store to ShipWorks.
First Things First
Before you connect CommerceV3 to ShipWorks there are a few things you will need:
- Your CommerceV3 administrator Username and Password.
- You will need to be running ShipWorks version 5.27 or later. You can see the version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. Click here for assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks.
- You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
Before connecting CommerceV3 to ShipWorks you must configure the ShipWorks Setup in the integrations section of your CommerceV3 store. Here's how:
1. Log into your CommerceV3 dashboard.
2. Click on the store to which you would like to connect ShipWorks from the store list.
3. Navigate to Orders > Shipping Options > Shipping Integrations > ShipWorks. (If you do not see ShipWorks as an available option under the Shipping Integrations menu, please reach out to CommerceV3 support and ask that they enable this feature for you.)
4. Click Yes to enable ShipWorks.
5. Enter your ShipWorks status codes into the ShipWorks Status Codes box by following the below format - code, a colon, and a display name on each line. You must enter a code for the display name of "pending" and any additional status codes you wish to define.
(For example, if your code for "pending" is "p", you will need to enter: p:pending)
6. Make note of the integration URL listed on the page. You will need to copy this URL and paste it into ShipWorks in just a few moments. (Note that your URL will differ from the below screenshot.)
Connecting CommerceV3 to ShipWorks
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
2. Click the Add Store button.
3. Select CommerceV3 from the What platform do you sell on ? drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
4. Enter the administrator username and password that you use to login to your online CommerceV3 dashboard. Note that, according to CommerceV3: "The password will expire every 90 days for PCI compliance as all CV3 passwords do, so you might want to set up a reminder for yourself to reset it every 90 days (first change the password on the CV3 side and then update your ShipWorks store setup to use the new password). If ShipWorks suddenly stops working, the password is the first thing you should check."
Click here for information on how to update the CommerceV3 password in ShipWorks.
5. Switch back to the CommerceV3 dashboard. Copy the integration URL from the Options page and paste it into the Module URL: field in ShipWorks.
6. Click Next.
7. Enter the Name for your store and the store Address on the Store Information screen. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information for your store (optional). Then, click the Next button.
9. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history (from your first order) of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
11. Verify that the correct online status is selected from the Set the online order status to: dropdown menu. (Hint: These statuses are the status you configured on CommerceV3 in the previous section of this article.)
12. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your CommerceV3 orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.