Some online marketplaces or shipping carriers require a signature if an item (in a shipment) is worth over a certain amount. ShipWorks can automate this process when you create a shipping rule. This article will guide you through how to create a shipping rule which selects the Signature Required option when an order's value is above a certain dollar amount.
Creating the filter
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then the Shipping Settings button.
2. On the Shipping Settings screen, select your postage provider and click the Shipments tab. For this example we will use USPS.
3. Under the Additional Defaults heading, click the Add Rule button.
4. After, If the order is in, click the drop-down menu and select Create to begin creating a new Quick Filter.
5. Name your Quick Filter using the textbox at the top of the screen. Then, create the conditions to reflect the following:
5a. Click the green Add Condition button For Any Item...
5b. Click the green Add Condition button Select Unit Price Is Greater Than or Equal To $250.00
This filter will include all orders that contains any item of $250.00 or more.
6. Click OK to save the changes. Your new Quick Filter will now display in the Additional Defaults (shipping rules) section as shown below.
Creating a Shipping Profile
1. After apply profile, click on the blue text none and select Manage Profiles... from the menu.
2. Then, click the New button
3. On the Shipping Profile screen, give the profile a Name: such as Signature Required. Then, scroll down to the Confirmation option of your selected shipping provider. (See below examples for USPS, FedEx, and UPS.) Check the box to the left of the Confirmation: option and then select the confirmation type from the drop-down menu.
4. Click OK to save the changes and Close to exit.
5. Next, select the Shipping Profile you just created by clicking on the blue text none, then Select Signature Required.
6. Click Close to exit the Shipping Profile screen.
You can test your newly setup shipping rule by selecting an order with an item more than $250.00, navigating to Home Ship Orders, click the Create New shipment button and verify that the signature required field is automatically enabled.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.