This past summer Etsy added support for SKU values. Previously, ShipWorks was using the “listing ID” as the concept of SKU did not exist in Etsy. To support our customers’ needs, ShipWorks has added support of the SKU value available in Etsy in our latest release.
First Things First
To import the correct SKU value from Etsy to ShipWorks, existing customers must upgrade to the latest version of ShipWorks (v5.17.0) and update the authorization token in ShipWorks since the permissions are attached to the specific token. Until the token is updated, the SKU will be blank. Additionally, only orders downloaded from Etsy after upgrading to v5.17.0 and updating the login token will contain the correct item SKUs.
Upgrade ShipWorks to the Latest Version
For help with upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks, please see this help article.
Updating the Etsy Login Token
Once you have upgraded ShipWorks to version 5.17 or later, you will need to update the Etsy login token. Here's how:
1. Log into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
2. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
3. Select your Etsy store and click on the Edit button.
4. Select Store Connection. Then, click on the Create Login Token... button.
5. A new window will automatically open to the Sign in to Etsy page. Enter your Etsy Email or Username and Password. Then, click the Sign In button.
6. Click the Allow Access button that appears once you log on to your Etsy store.
7. Navigate back to ShipWorks. When access is granted, you'll see a green check-mark icon to the right of the Create Login Token button. Click OK. Then, click Close.
That's it! You have successfully installed the latest version of ShipWorks and updated your Etsy login token. All new orders downloaded from Etsy from now on will contain the correct item SKUs.