ShopSite has recently introduced a new API, referred to as the OAuth API, used to connect ShopSite to third party applications such as ShipWorks. ShopSite recommends that all stores convert to using the OAuth API for connecting to ShipWorks.
This article will guide you through how to obtain your ShopSite OAuth API credentials and how to convert your current ShipWorks connection to the new OAuth API. If you are adding ShopSite to ShipWorks for the first time, please refer to this article instead.
First Things First
In order to convert your ShopSite connection to the OAuth API:
- Please ensure that you have ShipWorks version 5.14 (or later) installed and that you have logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance upgrading, click here.
- You will need to obtain your ShopSite Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL. (instructions are below). Please have your ShopSite admin panel login information available.
Obtaining your ShopSite Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL
Please follow this steps in the Obtaining the ShopSite Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL section of this article. Then, continue with the following steps in this article.
Updating ShipWorks to the OAuth API
1. Launch the ShipWorks application. Then, click the Manage tab and then the Stores button.
2. Select your ShopSite store and then click the Edit button.
3. Click on the Store Connection link.
4. Click the Connect using OAuth button on the Store Connection screen.
5. Enter your Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code, and Authorization URL. Then, click OK.
6. Click Close to return to the main ShipWorks screen. You are now connected to your ShopSite store using the OAuth API.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.