If you're processing a UPS shipment and receive a message stating that, "The Shipper's Shipper Number Cannot be Used for This Shipment", it is likely that there is a restriction on your account. This message is a result of being locked out (for example, by entering the wrong password) and unable to access the UPS server. It is advised that you contact UPS directly, by phone, email, or live chat (if available).
Important: Initially, UPS locks accounts for 24 hours. However, repeated failed attempts to log in will add to the amount of time your account will be locked, so it is important to contact UPS immediately regarding this issue.
To follow the steps below, you will need your UPS account information, including your account number, We will be deleting your old UPS account information and adding the same account. This is to clear any information that may potentially cause conflicts. All of your records will continue to be stored in ShipWorks, and it will not delete any previous shipments.
1. Contact UPS directly (see above) to clear any restrictions on your account.
2. After contacting UPS, open ShipWorks and navigate to Manage Shipping Settings UPS.
3. Select your UPS account and click Delete.
4. Confirm deletion by clicking OK.
5. Once back on the Shipping Settings screen, click Add.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your UPS account.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.