Table of Contents
Check that Standard Labels are Downloading in the Correct (Standard) Format.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab. Then, click on the Shipping Settings button.
2. On the Shipping Settings screen, select your shipping provider from the list on the left. For this example we will select USPS.
3. In the Settings tab, click on the blue link for Defaults - [the provider name].
4. On the Shipping Profile screen, scroll down to the Labels section. Then, ensure that the Requested label format: drop-down has Standard selected.
5. Click OK to close the Shipping Profile screen.
Check Filters and Printing Rules
1. You should still be on the Shipping Settings screen (Manage Shipping Settings). With the shipping provider selected, click on the Printing tab.
3. Review the Output Rules to ensure that they look like the screenshots below. If they do not match, please see the article on how to set your default printing rules.
For FedEx and UPS:
Note: The only difference between USPS and FedEx/UPS printing rules is the addition of international orders including “Commercial lnvoice” print out. This should not affect the label setup.
4. When finished, click Close.
Verify Your Templates are Connected to the Right Printer
1. Go to Manage Templates.
2. On your Template Manager screen, expand the Labels folder. Select the Standard template and click Edit.
3. On the Template Editor screen, click the Settings tab and select Printing from the left-side menu.
4. Use the drop-down menu to select your standard (inkjet, laser) printer and click Save.
If you also use a thermal printer:
5. Select your Thermal template and click Edit.
6. On the Template Editor screen, select the Settings tab and choose Printing from the left-side menu.
7. Select your thermal printer from the drop-down menu.
8. Click Save and Close.
Now Test Your Label Setup
Note: If you are using an order you’ve processed before, you will need to void the shipment, and reprocess your order in order to get a new label (downloaded in the correct format).
1. On the Main Order Grid screen, select an order you want to ship. Right-click the order and select Ship Orders from the menu.
2. Verify that the shipment details are correct and click the Create Label button.
3. Click Close.
The shipping label should now have printed to your selected standard inkjet or laser printer.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.