When you have an order comprised of multiple packages, it is helpful to have the individual tracking numbers of each package listed on the invoice in particular, and for any template that uses tracking numbers. This is possible with ShipWorks version 126.96.36.19998, or higher.
ShipWorks by default will only pull the the tracking number of the master tracking number listed for an order. You can configure your invoices and other templates to include each individual tracking number, though, with a simple edit to the xml code. Here's how:
Editing Templates to Include Multi-Package Tracking Numbers
Note: This example uses an invoice template. These directions apply to any template that includes tracking number section in the xml.
1. Go to Manage > Templates.
2. Select the template you wish to edit from the list on the left and then click the Edit button.
3. Open the Code tab, and then scroll down through the code until you locate the comment "<!-- Shipment information and tracking -- >". Within that section, locate a line that says:
4. Now copy the code listed here, exactly as shown, and paste it just after the tag:
as shown in the picture below.
<xsl:if test="count(Package/@ID) > 1">
Package #<xsl:value-of select="position()" />.
" /><br />
5. Click the Save button on the template editor, and then click the Close button on the Template Manager screen.
That's all you need to do. All future orders with multiple packages will have an invoice that displays each individual tracking number. Here's what the invoice will look like:
Still Need Help?Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.