Table of Contents
ShipWorks Single Scan allows you to quickly and easily locate orders in ShipWorks by scanning a barcode of the ShipWorks order number. You can configure ShipWorks to print packing slips or invoices for your orders that include an order specific, Single Scan barcode.
The Single can barcode identifies a specific order in ShipWorks, even when there is more than one order with the same order number. Pretty slick!
While it is not required to use packing slips or invoices with the Single Scan barcode (perhaps you have your own printed barcodes you will use to scan) it may be beneficial for you to do so.
ShipWorks version 5.10 or later includes a basic packing slip and invoice template which includes the Single Scan barcode. This article will guide you through how to add the Single scan barcode to a template that does not already include it.
First Things First
Before beginning, please be sure that:
1. You will need to have ShipWorks version 5.10 or later installed. To check your version of ShipWorks, click on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading, click here.
2. You are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
Note: For this example, we will be modifying the Standard packing slip template. However, the steps should be similar for your template.
Making a Copy of Your Template
Follow these steps to make a copy of your template so that, if needed, you can recover your original template code.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then on the Templates button.
2. On the Template Manager screen, select the template to which you wish to add the Single Scan barcode.
3. Click on the Copy button. Then, click OK.
4. You now have a copy of your template named Your Template (Copy).
Adding the Single Scan Barcode to Your Template
1. Select your template again and click on the Edit button.
2. Select the Code tab on the Template Editor screen.
Note: For this example, we will add the Single Scan barcode to the top of the template, above the template's title. Of course, you can add the barcode anywhere in your template that you would like.
3. Locate the place in your template where you would like the Single Scan barcode to be placed.
Hint: To place the Single Scan barcode at the top of the default ShipWorks templates, typically you would look for the following code. It is usually located somewhere near line 46, depending upon the actual template being modified.
<td style="width:100%; color: white; background-color: #C0C0C0; text-align: center; font: bold 12pt; border: 1px solid black; padding: 1px;">
4. Copy the below code. Then, paste the code into your template where you would like the Single Scan barcode to be displayed.
In our default ShipWorks template, we are pasting the code into line 45, just above the example code in step 3 above.
<td style="width:100%;text-align: center;">
<xsl:with-param name="order" select="$order" />
The code should now look like this:
5. Click on the preview tab to view your changes.
6. Click Save. Then, click Close.
That's it! Your template will now include the Single Scan barcode.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.