Adding or modifying text in a template allows you to customize ShipWorks for your business. Making these changes requires doing some minor template edits and using HTML. If this task seems too daunting, contact your resident IT person.
This article will guide you through how to make a minor text update to the Shipment Notification template. However, the process can be used on any template containing lines of text, such as the Thank You message on a packing slip or invoice.
Before modifying any template, we suggest that you copy the template first so that you have an original version to fall back on in case you make an error. We'll show you how in just a moment.
2. On the Template Manager screen, select the template for which you will be updating the text. Then, click on the Copy button.
3. On the Copy Template screen you have the option of selecting a different template folder in which to save your template copy. If you wish to save the copy in the same location, just click the OK button.
4. After you've made a copy of your template, select the original template and click the Edit button.
5. Find the area of the template you want to modify (or add text to). Typically any text that is black on the code tab (as opposed to red or blue) is text that will display on the printed template. In addition, any printed text on a ShipWorks template must be within theof the template. In our example, we'll be modifying and adding a line to the Shipment Notification template.
6. Modify the text to read the way you need it to in your template.
7. Use the Preview tab to view your changes. Make modifications as necessary. When you are finished, click the Save button and then the Close button.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.