ShipWorks version 5.18 or later includes an easy way to format your packing slip(s) or invoice(s) so that they print to a 4 x 6 inch label on a thermal printer. This article will guide you through how to configure your packing slip and/or invoice templates so that they are formatted to 4 inches by 6 inches and how to select the printer to which you wish the template to be printed.
First Things First
In order to use the Standard 4x6 template you must be running ShipWorks version 5.18 or later. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. Click here if you need assistance with upgrading to the latest version.
You must be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
click video to view full size
Configuring the Template to 4 Inches by 6 Inches
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Templates button.
2. Select the packing slip or invoice template that you would like to edit. For this example, we will be using the Standard Packing Slip template.
3. Let's make a copy, just in case something goes wrong. Click the Copy button, then click the OK button.
You now have a copy of the template to fall back on, just in case.
4. Ensure that your template is selected, then click on the Edit button.
5. Select the Settings tab. Then, Click on the Template Type: drop-down menu and select Label.
6. Now, select the Labels link on the left side of the window.
7. Click on the Choose button and select Other > Universal - 4x6 Portrait.
Your template is now formatted to print to 4 inches by 6 inches. You can see this by clicking on the Preview tab.
Selecting the Printer
8. Verify that the Settings tab is selected, then click on the Printing link on the left side of the window.
9. Select the thermal printer to which you would like the packing slip or invoice to print from the list of printers in the Printer: drop-down menu.
10. Click Save and then Close.
You might want to configure ShipWorks so that when you process a shipping label, the packing slip or invoice prints automatically to the same printer. See this article for detailed steps on how to do so.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.