Supported Serial Scales
Reading From a Serial Scale
Need More Help?
ShipWorks gives you the ability to read weights directly from a scale when shipping your orders. ShipWorks supports both USB scales and Serial scales. However, there are a few things to note when using a serial scale with ShipWorks.
Supported Serial Scales
The following models are supported by the ShipWorks software.
- NCI model 7010S (also known as the Stamps.com scale).
- Fairbanks R9000 14 U
- Metler Toledo Y8213
- Salter Brecknell 7010SB
- When using a serial scale other than those listed above unexpected behavior may occur.
- For support with installing your serial scale, please reach out to the manufacturer of your scale.
- When more than one scale is connected to your computer, the following may occur:
- If you have both a serial and a USB scale attached to the ShipWorks computer, ShipWorks will automatically default to and read from the USB scale.
- If you have 2 or more serial scales attached to the ShipWorks computer, ShipWorks will automatically detect and read from the scale with the lowest numbered COMM port.
Reading From a Serial Scale in ShipWorks
Please note that within the ShipWorks software there are no configuration options or settings that can be modified or updated. ShipWorks will automatically search for and detect scales that are properly installed in Windows and supported by the ShipWorks software.
In addition, serial scales do not automatically display the current weight in the ShipWorks software.
To read from a scale within the ShipWorks software: (Shipping Panel or Ship Orders screen)
1. In the Shipment Details section of either the Shipping Panel or the Ship Orders screen, click on the button to have ShipWorks import the current weight from the serial scale into the Weight: field.
Did you know?
That you can configure ShipWorks to automatically import the weight from the scale into ShipWorks with a barcode scan? You can! Learn how.
For questions related to your specific serial scale or with help connecting your serial scale to Windows, please reach out to the manufacturer of your scale.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.