Table of Contents
BackgroundShipWorks connects directly to your Amazon Seller Central account via the Amazon API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Amazon.com. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Amazon.com. ShipWorks supports both Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon DE, Amazon ES, Amazon FR, Amazon IT, Amazon MX and Amazon UK.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting your Amazon Seller Central Store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before continuing there are a few things you will need to have available:
1. Must have an Amazon Professional Seller account.
2. Your Amazon Seller Central login username and password.
3. Your ShipWorks administrator username and password.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select Amazon. Then, click Next.
5. Select United States from the country drop-down and then click Next. (You could actually choose any of the options, as ShipWorks supports all of these Amazon MWS platforms and the setup process is similar to this US example).
6. Amazon has recently updated the steps required to obtain your Amazon Seller ID:, Auth Token:, and Marketplace ID:.
6b. If prompted to, log into your Amazon Seller account.
6c. Once you are logged in, return to the ShipWorks software and, beginning with step 4, follow the steps on the Amazon MWS Credentials screen.
7. On the Amazon MWS Credentials screen, enter the Seller ID:, Auth Token:, and Marketplace ID: you obtained in step 6 into the appropriate fields. Then, click Next.
8. Now check Do not download orders that are Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA) and click Next. (This should actually be checked for you by default, but make sure. You probably don't want to download these orders).
9. Enter the name and address of your store and click Next. This information will be used on shipping labels or invoices whenever you select the "store address" option.
10. Enter your store's contact information, then click Next.
11. Review the default setup options on the next screen and click Next. (If you prefer, you can click the Edit link and specify a number of days from 1-30 to download the orders from that number of days. You may also uncheck the update shipment details box, if desired).
12. Read the final completion screen, click the Finish button, and get shipping!
Adding an Amazon Canada Store
To add an Amazon Canada store, you must be registered with an Amazon Canada Merchant ID and your Amazon Marketplace ID. You can login or register for these by clicking here. Your Amazon Canada Merchant ID and Marketplace ID appears on the last screen of the Amazon registration process. If you do not know your Amazon Merchant ID or your Marketplace ID, you may need to re-register with Amazon and record this information in an easy-to-remember place.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.