Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your OpenCart account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from OpenCart. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to OpenCart.
This article will guide you through how to connect your OpenCart store to ShipWorks
First Things First
Before getting started:
- You will want to have ShipWorks installed and be able to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- You are on ShipWorks 220.127.116.1112 or greater
- ShipWorks uses a custom php module to connect to and to download orders from your OpenCart store. In the steps below you will be transferring the php file to your OpenCart store using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). To do this, you will need your FTP host address, username and password. If you are unsure, please reach out to your local IT person.
ShipWorks currently supports OpenCart versions up to version 3.
Download the ShipWorks php File to Your Computer
1. We have attached the php file to the end of this article for you. Click on the file to download it. It is a .zip file so it will need to be extracted. Typically you can right click on the .zip file and select Extract All to extract the file. Once extracted you will see a file called shipworks3.php in the folder you extracted it to. This is the file you will need to upload to your OpenCart's root directory.
Upload the ShipWorks3.php file
2. Use your favorite FTP client to copy the file to your store's root directory. If you need help uploading the file to your store online, please visit our help page on using FTP to upload files to your store or contact your store's web host for assistance.
Note: Confirm the URL address of the php file before you continue - you'll need to enter it into ShipWorks when you add your store. The URL address should be http://www.yourstorename.com/shipworks3.php.
Adding OpenCart to ShipWorks
3. In ShipWorks go to Manage Stores, then click the Add Store button.
4. Select OpenCart from the dropdown and click Next.
5. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
6. Enter the requested information on the next few screens, clicking Next to proceed through the store wizard.
7. Click Finish, and you're all set! ShipWorks will automatically download your first batch of orders as specified during the setup.