Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Sears Marketplace account via the Sears Marketplace API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Sears Marketplace. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Sears Marketplace.
This article will guide you through the steps to connect your Sears marketplace to ShipWorks.
First Things First
Due to recent changes in 2016 with the Sears Marketplace API technology, ShipWorks Customers must follow this new process to successfully add or update their Sears store in ShipWorks. In addition, there are a few things you will want to have available before proceeding.
1. You will need to have your Sears marketplace administrator username and password.
2. You will need to have ShipWorks installed and to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
3. Be sure to have ShipWorks v5.0 or greater installed. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button within ShipWorks. If you need to upgrade your ShipWorks software, follow the steps in this article.
Obtaining the Needed Information from Your Sears Marketplace
Before you set up your Sears marketplace in ShipWorks you will need to obtain connection information from within your Sears administration webpage.
1. Log into your Sears Administration / Seller Dashboard page. Click the Account Name dropdown at the top right of the page.
2. Locate and write down your Seller ID.
3. Click the Account Info link on the same menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the API Authorization Key section. Then, click the Generate New Key button.
4. Highlight and Copy the API Authorization Key to your computer clipboard (CTRL+C). (Please note that after you navigate away from this specific Sears webpage the API Authorization Key will no longer be visible and you'll need to generate a new key if you do not have the original.)
Adding Sears to ShipWorks
1. Log into ShipWorks, then click Manage, click Stores, and then click the Add Store button.
2. From the What platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select Sears. Then, click Next.
3. Enter the Email: address for the account, Seller ID: (located from step 2 above) and Secret Key, also referred to as the API Authorization Key, (located from step 4 above). Then, click Next.
4. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
5. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
6. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
7. Select the online status from the available drop-down menu that you would like ShipWorks to update the order to after a shipment is processed. Then, click Next.
8. Click Finish.
Your Sears marketplace orders will begin to download automatically.