Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Shopify store via the Shopify API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Shopify. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Shopify.
This article will guide you through the steps of adding your Shopify store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
This article will guide you through connecting your Shopify store in ShipWorks version 6.0 or earlier. We recommend upgrading to version 6.1 or later when adding a Shopify Store. If you are already running ShipWorks version 6.1 or later, please see this article.
Note: Version 5.15 or later of ShipWorks now supports downloading the barcode field from Shopify into ShipWorks. For assistance with upgrading to the latest version of the ShipWorks software, please see this article.
Before continuing, please be sure that you have the following:
1. Your Shopify administrator username and password.
2. Have ShipWorks installed and logged in as a user with administrator rights.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select Shopify. Then, click Next.
5. On the Store Setup screen, click on the Create Login Token button.
6. On the Shopify Shop Address screen, fill in the field with your Shopify store address. Then, click Next.
7. A new window will open with the administrator login page for your Shopify Store. Enter your Shopify Username and Password. The click the Log In button.
8. On the secondary login screen, reenter your password. Then, check the box for I'm not a robot.
9. Follow the instructions on the verification screen. Then click on the Verify button.
10. If this is the first time you are connecting ShipWorks to your Shopify store, you will be prompted to install the ShipWorks app. Click the Install App button.
11. When you receive the Login Successful screen, click Finish.
12. You will be taken back to the ShipWorks Store Setup screen. To the right of the Create Login Token button, you will be notified that you are now authorized to connect to your Shopify store. Click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
13. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
14. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
15. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
16. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
17. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your Shopify orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.