Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your ShopSite account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from ShopSite. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to ShopSite.
This article will guide you through how to connect to your ShopSite store using the ShopSite OAuth API.
First Things First
Prior to connecting ShipWorks to your ShopSite store, there are a few things you will need to have in place:
- Please ensure that you have ShipWorks version 5.14 (or later) installed and that you have logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance upgrading, click here.
- You will need to obtain your ShopSite Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL. (instructions are below). Please have your ShopSite admin panel login information available.
Obtaining the ShopSite Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL
1. Log into your ShopSite Admin Console.
2. Click on the Utilities menu and select Applications.
3. Click the Add 3rd-Party App button.
4. Enter ShipWorks into the Application Name field. Then, check all of the boxes for Grant Access To:. Click Next.
5. Your Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL will be listed on the screen. You will need this information when adding ShopSite to ShipWorks.
When you are finished on this screen, click Done.
Viewing Previously Added 3rd-Party Application Information in ShopSite
If you need to view your Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL again in ShopSite, you can get to it easily.
1. In ShopSite, click on the Utilities menu and select Applications.
2. Select the application for which you would like to view the application information. Then, click the Edit button.
The Authorization Credentials will be displayed for you.
Adding ShopSite to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application. Then, click the Manage tab and then the Stores button.
2. Click the Add Store button.
3. Select ShopSite from the What platform do you sell on? menu. Then, click Next.
4. Copy the Client ID, Secret Key, Authorization Code and Authorization URL from the Authorization Credentials screen in ShopSite into the corresponding fields in ShipWorks. Then, click Next.
5. Enter the Store Name and Address information on the Store Information screen and click Next.
6. Enter the additional Contact Information and click Next. Note that this information is optional.
7. ShipWorks will initially download all of your orders from ShopSite by default. You can modify this setting by clicking on the Edit link.
8. Click Next. ShipWorks is now connected to your ShopSite store. When you click Finish, ShipWorks will begin downloading your ShopSite orders automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.