Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your VirtueMart account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from VirtueMart. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to VirtueMart.
This article will guide you through how to add your VirtueMart store to your ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
- ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- Your VirtueMart store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or VirtueMart.
ShipWorks connects to VirtueMart using a .php module which is placed into your VirtueMart store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your VirtueMart admin directory using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review this article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
Upload the ShipWorks.php Module to VirtueMart
1. Download the correct file for your version of VirtueMart by click on the below links. The files are also attached to the bottom of this article. Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
After unzipping the file you will have 1 files that needs to be uploaded to your VirtueMart store's root directory.
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped file to the directory of your VirtueMart store.
- Copy shipworks3.php to your store's root directory. The root directory may have been renamed when the VirtueMart store was created.
Adding VirtueMart to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select VirtueMart. Then, click Next.
5. Enter your administrator Username and Password to log into your VirtueMart store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
NOTE: Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
6. Enter your store Name and Address and then click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Select an Order Status from the drop-down menu. In most cases, the Comment: should be left as is.
10. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.