This article will guide you through how to select the thermal printer to which your shipping labels will print. It will also guide you through how to make sure that you have each of your shipping providers set to request a thermal shipping label.
You may need to select your thermal printer when:
You add a new thermal printer
You reinstall a current thermal printer
You add a new ShipWorks workstation
You move ShipWorks from one PC to another
2. On the Template Manager screen, select the Labels Thermal template.
3. To select the thermal printer that you will use, click on the Edit button. Then, click the Settings tab and then the Printing link. Select the thermal printer that you use to print your thermal labels from the Printer: drop-down menu.
4. Once your printer is selected, click Close.
Let's be sure that each of your shipping providers is configured to request a thermal label as the default label format. In this example we will use USPS, but the process is the same for each shipping provider you use.
2. On the Shipping Settings screen, select the shipping provider for which you wish to check the default label format.
3. Select the Settings tab and then click on the blue link for Defaults - [selected provider].
4. Scroll down to the Labels section and then select the correct label format from the Requested Label format: drop-down menu.
Note: For most thermal printers the Thermal - ZPL option will work.
5. Click OK. Then, repeat steps 2-4 for each provider you will use a thermal printer. Click Close when you are finished.
Are you having issues with your labels not printing? See our article on troubleshooting common printer issues for detailed steps on how to troubleshoot your printer setup.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.