Once you click the Void button, ShipWorks sends a request to your shipping provider to void the shipment.
Your account will be reimbursed, but the changes may not be reflected instantly. Postage providers can take up to 3 weeks to credit your account for voided shipments. If you’re concerned about why your shipping account doesn’t reflect the changes, it is best to contact your postage provider directly.
This article covers voiding labels when shipping using the Shipping Panel and the Ship Orders screen. If you are working in Scan-to-Ship, please see the following help article.
1. Select the order for which you would like to void the shipment.
You can easily find the order if you know the order number or the customer's first or last name by using the Search All Orders box at the top of the ShipWorks application.
2. With the order selected, navigate to the Shipping Tab at the top of the ShipWorks application.
Processed shipments have a green check mark next to them in the Shipments panel.
3. On the Shipping tab, click the Void button to void the shipment.
4. Click OK to confirm that you want to void your shipment. Once this action is performed, it cannot be undone.
5. When your shipment is successfully voided, ShipWorks will show a yellow exclamation button next to the shipment in the Shipments panel and will also be marked as Voided in the Shipping panel.
For orders that have more than one shipment you will need to use the Ship Order screen to void your shipment(s). Here's how:
1. Select the orders for which you would like to void the shipments.
You can easily find an order if you know the order number or the customer's first or last name by using the Search All Orders box at the top of the ShipWorks application.
Note that when an order with multiple shipments is selected the Shipping panel changes so that you can only click the Create Label button (which opens the selected orders onto the Ship Orders screen and the Manage button to manage shipping profiles. The remainder of the buttons on the Shipping tab are disabled.
Additionally, the Create Label button located in the Shipping Panel changes to say Ship Orders.
2. Click the Create Label button in the Shipping ribbon or the Ship Orders button in the Shipping Panel to open the order onto the Ship Orders screen. If you do not have the Shipping panel open or if you are on a version older than v5.2, you can also go to Home > Ship Orders.
v5.2 or greater
prior to v5.2
3. On the Ship Orders screen, select the shipment that you wish to void from the Shipments list on the left.
4. To void the selected shipment, click the Void button.
5. Click OK to confirm that you want to void your shipment. Once this action is performed, it cannot be undone.
6. When your shipment is successfully voided, ShipWorks will show a yellow exclamation button next to the shipment.
7. Click Close to return to the main ShipWorks screen.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.