ShipWorks version 5.21 or later allows you to split an order into multiple orders. This may be useful if you need to ship some of the items on an order while other items are backordered. Splitting the order would allow you to process shipments, mark the local status of the orders and more for each of the split orders independently. This article will guide you through how to split an order into multiple orders.
First Things First
Before you can start splitting orders in ShipWorks, there are a couple things that you need to have in place:
- You will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.21 or later. You can easily see what version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you need assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
- You need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with rights to edit orders.
Things to Know
- Orders with a processed shipment cannot be split.
- Only one order at a time can be split.
- Orders from the following stores / marketplaces cannot be split:
1. Select the order on the main orders grid that you wish to split.
2. Select the Split option by:
- Right click on the selected order and select Split Order from the context menu.
- Select the Home tab and then click the Split button.
3. The Split Order screen displays. By default the New Order Number (the order number for the split order) will have a suffix of -1. For example, if the selected order number is 6006, the new order number will display as 6006-1. You can update the New Order Number suffix if you need to.
4. You can select the item quantities that will be split onto the new order. In the Order Items section, enter the number of items you wish to split to the new order by entering the quantity into the New Order field or by using the + and - buttons. It is possible to manually enter values as decimals as needed.
When you enter a quantity into the New Order field, the This Order column will automatically update to reflect the quantity remaining on the selected order.
5. You can also specify the amount of each order charge that you wish to split to the new order. In the Order Charges section enter the amount you wish to split to the new order by entering the quantity into the New Order field or by using the + and - buttons. It is possible to manually enter values as decimals as needed.
When you enter an amount into the New Order field, the This Order column will automatically update to reflect the amount remaining on the selected order.
6. Click the Confirm Split button to split the selected order.
7. Click on the OK button to close the Split Order confirmation screen. Select the Do not show this dialog again if you wish for the confirmation screen to not be displayed when splitting orders in the future.
8. ShipWorks automatically displays the original and split order for you. You can exit the search screen by selecting a filter in the Filters panel or click on the X in the Search these results box.
Things to Know
Any notes associated to the selected order will be coped to the split order. In additional, all item totals and item details will be updated and or copied to the split order.