In addition to searching for orders, it is possible to enable ShipWorks to automatically print shipping labels with Scan-to-Ship. This article will guide you through how to enable the Automatically Print Labels on Single Scan Search feature. This article will guide you through the process of enabling this feature in ShipWorks.
First Things First
Please note: The Options button was renamed to Settings and the ShipWorks Options screen was named ShipWorks Settings beginning in ShipWorks version 6.3.
This article assumes the following:
1. This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
2. You have a barcode scanner installed and working on your computer.
If you wish for ShipWorks to automatically generate a shipping label on a barcode scan, once you have registered your barcode scanner with the ShipWorks software, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Settings button.
2. Select Scan-to-Ship from the list of available options on the left. Then, check the Automatically print labels on barcode scan search checkbox.
Note: If you would like for ShipWorks to automatically import the weight from your scale on a barcode scan, you can also check the box for Automatically weigh packages on barcode scan. See this article for more details.
3. Click OK to exit the ShipWorks Options screen.
That's it. ShipWorks is now configured to automatically print shipping labels on a barcode scan.
Require Orders to be Verified before Printing
Warehouse customers have the option of requiring orders to be verified using Scan-based Quality control prior to a label being generated automatically. This option is only available to ShipWorks for Warehouse customers. For more information on Scan-based Quality Control and on enabling this option, please see the Scan-based Quality Control user guide.
Things to Consider
Remember, Scan-to-Ship setup and configuration is computer specific. Follow the above steps on each computer individually if you will be using a barcode scanner to print shipping labels on more than one ShipWorks computer.