In addition to searching for orders, it is possible to enable ShipWorks to automatically print shipping labels with Single Scan. This article will guide you through how to enable the Automatically Print Labels on Single Scan Search feature. This article will guide you through the process of enabling this feature in ShipWorks.
First Things First
Please note: The Options button was renamed to Settings and the ShipWorks Options screen was named ShipWorks Settings beginning in ShipWorks version 6.3.
This article assumes the following:
1. You have ShipWorks v5.24 or greater installed. You can download and install the latest version of ShipWorks here.
2. You have a barcode scanner installed and working on your computer.
If you wish for ShipWorks to automatically generate a shipping label on a barcode scan, once you have registered your barcode scanner with the ShipWorks software, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Options button.
2. Select Keyboard & Barcode Shortcuts from the list of available options on the left. Then, check the Automatically print labels on barcode scan search checkbox.
Note: If you would like for ShipWorks to automatically import the weight from your scale on a barcode scan, you can also check the box for Automatically weigh packages on barcode scan. See this article for more details.
3. Click OK to exit the ShipWorks Options screen.
That's it. ShipWorks is now configured to automatically print shipping labels on a barcode scan.
Things to Consider
Remember, Single Scan setup and configuration is computer specific. Follow the above steps on each computer individually if you will be using a barcode scanner to print shipping labels on more than one ShipWorks computer.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.