ShipWorks gives you the ability to apply many of the most commonly used functions and keystrokes by scanning a barcode. This article will guide you through how to apply shortcuts using a barcode scanner and which shortcuts can be applied by this method.
First Things First
Please note: The Options button was renamed to Settings and the ShipWorks Options screen was named ShipWorks Settings beginning in ShipWorks version 6.3.
Before you begin, please be sure that:
1. This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
2. You have a scanner connected to your computer with the necessary drivers for your scanner installed.
Registering your barcode scanner.
If you have not already done so, you will need to register your barcode scanner with the ShipWorks software. It's really easy. We have an article to help you with that. Once your barcode scanner is registered with ShipWorks you can continue with this article.
What functions or keystrokes can I apply with a barcode scan?
The following can be applied:
- Focus Quick Search - Activates the Quick Search box in ShipWorks.
- Can also be applied with CTRL + SHIFT + F
- Clear Quick Search - Clears all contents from the Quick Search box.
- Can also be applied with CTRL + SHIFT + C
- Create Label - The same as clicking the Create Label button in the Shipping Panel or on the Ship Orders screen.
- Can also be applied by pressing F10.
- Pressing the Tab - The same as pressing Tab on the keyboard.
- Pressing the Escape Key - The same as pressing ESC on your keyboard.
- Pressing the Enter Key - The same as pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Toggle Scan-to-Ship Auto Print - Turns on or off automatically processing and printing a shipping label on a barcode scan.
Printing a list of barcodes to scan.
There are two ways that you can print a list of shortcut barcodes.
1. Click on the Manage tab, then the Shipping Profiles button, then the Print Barcodes button.
2. Click Print and select the printer to which you would like to print the barcodes.
3. Click Print.
1. Click on the Manage tab, then the Settings button.
2. Click on Scan-to-Ship
3. Click Print Shortcuts.
4. Click Print and select the printer to which you would like to print the barcodes.
5. Click Print.
Either method will print all of the barcodes like in the below image.
You can now scan any of the barcodes to apply the shortcut.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.