ShipWorks can be configured to automatically import the weight of a package from a scale connected to your ShipWorks computer when a barcode is scanned. This section will guide you through enabling the Automatically weigh packages on barcode scan feature.
First Things First
Please note: The Options button was renamed to Settings and the ShipWorks Options screen was named ShipWorks Settings beginning in ShipWorks version 6.3.
This article assumes the following:
1. This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
2. You have a barcode scanner installed and working on your computer.
4. You have a scale connected to your ShipWorks computer and are able to read from the scale.
1. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Settings button.
2. Select Scan-to-Ship from the list of available options on the left. Then, check the Automatically weigh packages on barcode scan search checkbox.
3. Click OK to exit the ShipWorks Options screen.
That's it. ShipWorks is now configured to automatically weigh packages on a barcode scan.
Remember, Scan-to-Ship setup and configuration is computer specific. Follow the above steps on each computer individually if you will be using a barcode scanner to weigh packages on more than one ShipWorks computer.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.