Want total control of shipping your orders with all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer? Maybe you would rather focus on shipping packages quickly and efficiently in a clean, streamlined interface? As of ShipWorks version 6.0, you can have it both ways.
ShipWorks gives you the ability to ship using either Batch Grid Mode or to run ShipWorks in Order Lookup Mode, a new streamlined interface. This guide will focus on configuring and using Order Lookup Mode, but let’s take a quick look at what both modes are and what they have to offer.
Batch Grid Mode
If you have used ShipWorks before, running ShipWorks in Batch Grid Mode is exactly what you have been used to. In fact, in Batch Grid Mode the look of the interface and the features available are exactly what you are used to when you ship using ShipWorks.
If you are new to ShipWorks, think of Batch Grid Mode as running ShipWorks wide open with all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer available to you. For example:
- You can view all of the orders in ShipWorks on one Orders Grid.
- You can generate labels for multiple orders at the same time (Batch ship).
- You can view order and shipment history for all of the orders in ShipWorks.
- More Panels are available, allowing you to view more detailed information for selected orders.
- You can run reports and manually print packing slips or invoices for the orders that you select.
The above list gives you just a few of the many features available when running Batch Grid Mode. Again, think of Batch Grid Mode as running ShipWorks in a way that gives you access to all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer.
1 - ShipWorks in Batch Grid Mode
Order Lookup Mode
When you want to focus solely on shipping, Order Lookup Mode is available. Think of Order Lookup Mode as a streamlined interface that gives you only the tools you need to do what matters most; getting your orders out the door to your customers quickly and efficiently.
Order Lookup Mode streamlines the ShipWorks interface and expedites the shipping process. It makes available to you only the essential tools you need to process shipping labels as efficiently as possible. In Order Lookup Mode:
- All of the tools you need to select an order, configure a shipment and process a label are centralized in a simplified, easy to use interface.
- Shipment history is streamlined to show only the shipments processed on the current business day for the currently logged in user.
- By combining the simplified Order Lookup Mode interface with the features of Single Scan orders can be searched for, selected, packages weighed, shipments configured and/or a label printed all with a single barcode scan! (We will discuss how to do this later in the guide.)
- Warehouse customers have access to Scan-based Quality Control, a feature found in The Works, allowing ShipWorks users to quickly and accurately verify items for fulfillment with a barcode scan.
2 - ShipWorks in Order Lookup Mode
First Things First
Order Lookup Mode is available in ShipWorks version 6.0 or later. You can check your current version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
Click to view full size video
Switching between Batch Grid and Order Lookup Mode is easy. The first time you log in to ShipWorks you will be in Batch Grid Mode. To switch to Order Lookup Mode:
- Click on the ShipWorks Application Menu.
- Hover over View Mode.
- Click on Order Lookup.
3 - Switching to Order Lookup Mode
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.