ShipWorks gives you the ability to ship using either the Home tab (Classic view) or to run ShipWorks in Scan-to-Ship, a streamlined interface focusing on Scan-based Quality Control and a simplified shipping interface. This guide will focus on configuring and using Scan-to-Ship, but let’s take a quick look at what both views are and what they have to offer.
First Things First
This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
Please Note that Scan-to-Ship view was labeled as Order Lookup Mode and Classic view was labeled as Batch Grid Mode prior to version 7.3. If you are on an earlier version of the ShipWorks you will you will see this reflected in the ShipWorks software.
The Home tab (Classic View)
If you have used ShipWorks before, the Home tab is what you have been used to. In fact, on the Home tab the look of the interface and the features available are exactly what you are used to when you ship using older versions of ShipWorks.
If you are new to ShipWorks, think the Home tab as running ShipWorks wide open with all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer available to you. For example:
- You can view all the orders in ShipWorks on one Orders Grid.
- You can generate labels for multiple orders at the same time (Batch ship).
- You can view order and shipment history for all the orders in ShipWorks.
- More Panels are available, allowing you to view more detailed information for selected orders.
- You can run reports and manually print packing slips or invoices for the orders that you select.
The above list gives you just a few of the many features available when using the Home tab. Again, think of the Home tab as running ShipWorks in a way that gives you access to all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer.
1 - ShipWorks in Classic View (on the Home tab)
When you want to focus on Scan-based Quality Control and on shipping, Scan-to-Ship is available. Think of Scan-to-Ship as a streamlined interface that gives you only the tools you need to do what matters most; getting your orders out the door to your customers accurately, quickly, and efficiently.
Scan-to-Ship streamlines the ShipWorks interface and expedites the shipping process. It makes available to you only the essential tools you need to verify orders using Scan-based quality control and to process shipping labels as efficiently as possible. In Scan-to-Ship:
- All the tools you need to select an order, verify the products are picked correctly, to configure a shipment and process a label are centralized in a simplified, easy to use interface.
- By combining the simplified Scan-to-Ship interface with the features of Single Scanorders can be searched for, verified, selected, packages weighed, shipments configured and/or a label printed all with a single barcode scan. (We will discuss how to do this later.)
- Warehouse customers have access to Scan-based Quality Control, a feature found in The Works, allowing ShipWorks users to quickly and accurately verify items for fulfillment with a barcode scan.
2 - Scan-to-Ship: Scan-based Quality Control
3 - Scan-to-Ship: Shipping an Order
Switching between the Home tab and Scan-to-Ship view is easy. The first time you log in to ShipWorks you will be on the Home tab. To switch to Scan-to-Ship:
1. Click on the Scan-to-Ship tab located at the top of the ShipWorks software.
To switch back to the Classic view, simply click on the Home tab.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.