Want total control of shipping your orders with all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer? Maybe you would rather focus on shipping packages quickly and efficiently in a clean, streamlined interface? As of ShipWorks version 6.0, you can have it both ways.
ShipWorks gives you the ability to ship using either Classic view or to run ShipWorks in the Scan-to-Ship view, a streamlined interface. This guide will focus on configuring and using Scan-to-Ship view, but let’s take a quick look at what both views are and what they have to offer.
First Things First
This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
Please Note that Scan-to-Ship view was labeled as Order Lookup Mode and Classic view was labeled as Batch Grid Mode prior to version 7.3. If you are on an earlier version of the ShipWorks software you will you will see this reflected in the ShipWorks software.
Classic View (The Home tab)
If you have used ShipWorks before, Classic View (the Home tab) is what you have been used to. In fact, in Classic View the look of the interface and the features available are exactly what you are used to when you ship using ShipWorks.
If you are new to ShipWorks, think of Classic View (the Home tab) as running ShipWorks wide open with all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer available to you. For example:
- You can view all of the orders in ShipWorks on one Orders Grid.
- You can generate labels for multiple orders at the same time (Batch ship).
- You can view order and shipment history for all of the orders in ShipWorks.
- More Panels are available, allowing you to view more detailed information for selected orders.
- You can run reports and manually print packing slips or invoices for the orders that you select.
The above list gives you just a few of the many features available when running Classic View. Again, think of Classic View as running ShipWorks in a way that gives you access to all of the features that ShipWorks has to offer.
1 - ShipWorks in Classic View (on the Home tab)
When you want to focus solely on shipping, Scan-to-Ship is available. Think of Scan-to-Ship as a streamlined interface that gives you only the tools you need to do what matters most; getting your orders out the door to your customers accurately, quickly, and efficiently.
Scan-to-Ship streamlines the ShipWorks interface and expedites the shipping process. It makes available to you only the essential tools you need to verify orders using Scan-based quality control and to process shipping labels as efficiently as possible. In Scan-to-Ship:
- All of the tools you need to select an order, configure a shipment and process a label are centralized in a simplified, easy to use interface.
- By combining the simplified Scan-to-Ship interface with the features of Single Scan orders can be searched for, verified, selected, packages weighed, shipments configured and/or a label printed all with a single barcode scan! (We will discuss how to do this later.)
- Warehouse customers have access to Scan-based Quality Control, a feature found in The Works, allowing ShipWorks users to quickly and accurately verify items for fulfillment with a barcode scan.
2 - Scan-to-Ship: Scan-based Quality Control
3 - Scan-to-Ship: Shipping an Order
Switching between Classic and Scan-to-Ship view is easy. The first time you log in to ShipWorks you will be in the Classic View on the Home tab. There are two ways that you can switch to the Scan-to-Ship view:
1. Click on the Scan-to-Ship tab located at the top of the ShipWorks software.
You can also switch using the Application Menu.
- Click on the ShipWorks Application Menu.
- Hover over Shipping View.
- Click on Scan-to-Ship.
To switch back to the Classic view, simply click on the Home tab.